Skip to main content

Thankful Thursday

I like doing Thankful Thursdays because it helps me to focus on everything I have instead of what I do not. But this week, boy do I have a lot for which to be thankful!! I don’t even know where to begin.


  • I am overwhelmed with how wonderful our care at UMD-B has been. We have had nothing but a fabulous experience here and we know we were in very competent hands. Our nurses and doctors went above and beyond the call of duty to get to know us, calm our fears, and take care of my girl. If there was ever any doubt about whether or not this was a good hospital choice, those thoughts have vanished. I think what Matt and I loved most of all was how everyone treats Abby as a person…because she is!!! I’m not going to start in on a debate, but there is a true little person inside of you from the moment of conception and I am not going to act like she doesn’t exist yet. Her picture is hanging up on our bulletin board and we show everybody who comes in. We talk to her, play with her, chastise her when she doesn’t behave (like when she runs away from the fetal heart monitor and causes my nurses angst!), and tell her how much we love her. The staff has done the same, and we love it. Our daughter exists and matters, and I love when people acknowledge that.
  • The love we have felt from our families and friends has been amazing. Tons of people have texted, called, emailed, and sent messages to let us know that they are praying for us. This is not taken lightly by us, and we have felt totally wrapped in love. It is so much easier to choose joy when you know that so many people are thinking of you! Among the people who have come along side of us to help out: My sister and my mother-in-law have taken turns caring for Caleb and bringing him up here so that we can visit. My parents have been up to visit just about every day, bring us clothes and other things we need, and take care of sweet Becky-Dog. My amazing 5th grade team and principal have stepped in to help my sub and create lesson plans for my class in my absence. My aunt and grandmother took charge of creating an awesome thank you basket of snacks for the nursing and hospital staff on the LD floor. The church and youth staff have worked together to cover everything so that Matt could stay with me. Everyone has just been amazing. Thank you!!!!!
  • Now I’m going to brag on my husband a bit. He’s pretty great to begin with, but he has seriously been amazing during this. Matt has truly proven his love for me in the way he has cared for me. I won’t go into details, but some of what he has had to do has not been pretty! J Plus, he has been incredibly sweet and encouraging throughout the ordeal. During my amnio reduction, he held my hand and whispered how proud he was of me throughout the entire nerve-wracking procedure. He has been such a blessing to me and I don’t know what I would have done without him. He is my rock. I tear up when I think about how awesome he has been through all of this.
  • Lastly, I am so incredibly thankful for my baby girl Abigail. If nothing else, she has brought a lot of excitement into our lives thus far! She will not be a dull child, that’s for sure. I want her to know how much she is wanted and loved by us and that we are willing to do whatever it takes to make sure she is healthy and safe. I’m a proud momma showing off my pictures of my beautiful baby, and I am falling more in love with her every day. I cannot WAIT to see what God is going to do in her life. I’m pretty certain it’s going to be incredible!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cerebrocostomandibular Syndrome

If you happen to pick up the latest Reader's Digest, there is an article in there about Piper Breinholt , a four year old with CCMS.  If you've been around here a while, you'll remember wayyyyyy back when we first received Abby's diagnosis that I was able to speak to Piper's mom, Reagan.  The article is more about their story and not as much about the ins and outs of CCMS, but I think it's probably enough to get some people googling it and I'm hoping a few will end up here. Every once in a while, I give a blog post the title of Cerebrocostomandibular Syndrome so that it would show up in Google.  My ever-present hope is that people will stumble across my blog and 1) be encouraged by the hope we have in Christ, 2) feel a connection with someone in a similar situation as them, or 3) get excited over the miracles that have been performed in Abby's life!!  (a combination of all 3 is great too!)  :)   Notice that it's not to get famous and it never wi

The Potty Man

Caleb LOVES to go potty! I have never heard a potty training story like this one....Caleb tells us when he needs to go, we take his diaper off, and he goes! Now, is it perfect? No, not at all! We aren't trying to potty train at at all, but we figure every time he goes is one less diaper we have to change! The only time we consistantly put him on the potty is when we give him a bath (he always pees in the tub, so we know he needs to go!) He almost always goes on the potty now instead of the tub though. When he's not "really" going potty, he's pretending to go potty! He's such a funny kid!

Lego Party: Favors

I'm a little slow in posting the Lego Party pictures, but I think I have a few excuses I could use.  At any rate, I wanted to share what I did for the party!  It will take a few posts, so stay with me.  I'll start with how I did the favors. These are the goody bags I made.  I just bought solid colored gift bags and matched scrapbook paper to each bag.  Then I punched circles and attached them with the 3D foam tape so that the circles were raised. I used the keychain (explained below) as a name tag on the outside. These are Duplo blocks.  I put a round magnet on the back and...voila!  A magnet!  (note:  hot glue doesn't work so well...I ended up reglueing them with my apoxy because the magnets fell off.) I made crayons using Lego man crayons.  Yes, I know this guy has lost half of his leg.  The others were already packaged and I didn't want to open one up just to get a picture.  I used a Lego mold  to make the crayons.  Caleb put small pieces of crayon in each m