Skip to main content

This Sunday!!!

Abby's dedication is finally this Sunday!!  It certainly has been a long time coming, hasn't it?! 

We are so excited!  This is so much more than just a couple of minutes in front of the congregation for us.  The dedication is an opportunity we have to publically proclaim God's faithfulness and share some of the miracles He's performed on Abby.  I can't even begin to describe what it's like for us to prepare for this day, knowing that we weren't sure that it would come.  Be ready for lots of tears from us! 

Thank you so much for the understanding you've shown us regarding our need to come late and leave early with Abby.  While we would love to have Abby meet each of you who has so faithfully prayed her through her first six months of life, we just can't take the risk of her being exposed to so many germs.  There will be a day when she can get hugs and kisses from each of you, but her immune system is just too weak right now.

If you do not go to our church and would like to join us at Abby's dedication, we would love to see you there!  Dedications at our church are just a short part of a regular service.  Let us know if you'll be coming!  Matt and I will be tucked away in a corner with Abby and her humongous stroller, but we're going to try to have seats saved for people who are coming.  The late service (the one we'll be at) starts at 10:45 and goes until 12.

Thanks again for all of the support you've shown us.  I can't wait for you to see Abby in her pretty white dress!  (and a matching pretty bow, thanks to Aunt Amy!)

Comments

Patricia Ensing said…
Julia, My prayers and thoughts will be with you on Abby's special day. I wanted so much to be able to come but this Sunday Jessica is going to be a flower girl in a wedding in PA for friends of our family. This day is extra special to families like ours as I know I took Jessica home to Michigan to be baptized in our home church so that she could wear the gown that my children, all my brothers and sisters and my mom and her cousins wore. It truly was a remarkable day as I know Abbys dedication will be for your family. Our poor minister was scarred to death to even hold her, as with all of her wires and machines,but in the end it was truly a very special service to think they made it this far. Take lots of pictures and please post when you can. Pat and Jessica

Popular posts from this blog

Cerebrocostomandibular Syndrome

If you happen to pick up the latest Reader's Digest, there is an article in there about Piper Breinholt , a four year old with CCMS.  If you've been around here a while, you'll remember wayyyyyy back when we first received Abby's diagnosis that I was able to speak to Piper's mom, Reagan.  The article is more about their story and not as much about the ins and outs of CCMS, but I think it's probably enough to get some people googling it and I'm hoping a few will end up here. Every once in a while, I give a blog post the title of Cerebrocostomandibular Syndrome so that it would show up in Google.  My ever-present hope is that people will stumble across my blog and 1) be encouraged by the hope we have in Christ, 2) feel a connection with someone in a similar situation as them, or 3) get excited over the miracles that have been performed in Abby's life!!  (a combination of all 3 is great too!)  :)   Notice that it's not to get famous and it never wi

The Potty Man

Caleb LOVES to go potty! I have never heard a potty training story like this one....Caleb tells us when he needs to go, we take his diaper off, and he goes! Now, is it perfect? No, not at all! We aren't trying to potty train at at all, but we figure every time he goes is one less diaper we have to change! The only time we consistantly put him on the potty is when we give him a bath (he always pees in the tub, so we know he needs to go!) He almost always goes on the potty now instead of the tub though. When he's not "really" going potty, he's pretending to go potty! He's such a funny kid!

Lego Party: Favors

I'm a little slow in posting the Lego Party pictures, but I think I have a few excuses I could use.  At any rate, I wanted to share what I did for the party!  It will take a few posts, so stay with me.  I'll start with how I did the favors. These are the goody bags I made.  I just bought solid colored gift bags and matched scrapbook paper to each bag.  Then I punched circles and attached them with the 3D foam tape so that the circles were raised. I used the keychain (explained below) as a name tag on the outside. These are Duplo blocks.  I put a round magnet on the back and...voila!  A magnet!  (note:  hot glue doesn't work so well...I ended up reglueing them with my apoxy because the magnets fell off.) I made crayons using Lego man crayons.  Yes, I know this guy has lost half of his leg.  The others were already packaged and I didn't want to open one up just to get a picture.  I used a Lego mold  to make the crayons.  Caleb put small pieces of crayon in each m