Skip to main content

Happy Dedication Day, Abby!

Today, a six month old miracle will wear a white dress.
Today, a tiny pink bow with a little rose bud will be in her hair.
Today, two little bare feet will poke out from the folds of the dress.
Today, two proud and thankful parents will dedicate their daughter to the Lord.
Today, one excited big brother will finally get to show off his little sister!
Today, many friends and family members will celebrate the miracles God has performed in our daughter.

Today, God will show many people just how BIG He really is!!!

Happy Dedication Day, my sweet Abby Joy!

Below are the letters that Matt and I wrote to Abby in her book.  One day, I hope that she will read these words we wrote to her so long ago and know just how much she was loved and wanted.

Abby,
I don't even know where to begin.  When you were first born, my hope and dreams were shattered.  I had no clue what was going to happen.  I had never been one to question what God was doing, but in this case I did, all the time.  I wanted to know what He was thinking, what he was doing, and why He was doing it to our family.  Don't get me wrong.  Loving you was easy!  From the first time I saw you, I was hooked.

I think what amazes me the most is how one-by-one you have pieced my hopes and dreams back together.  You are my princess and I wouldn't give this or you up for a minute.  Everyday is a new challenge; you keep us on our toes.  I really think that God is using you to change the world.  No one's world has been changed more than your mommy's Caleb's, and mine.  We were all sailing along and then you brought us a reminder that we need to rely on God.  You have shaken us to our core, and opened our eyes to the many wonderful blessings our heavenly father has bestowed on us.  You have caused me to trust in God more than I ever have.  I realized that I gave a lot of lip service to trusting the Lord but when it really came to it, I was lacking.  You, my princess, have inspired me to become closer to our God.

The Lord has a plan for your life and I am already seeing that played out in my life and others, and His plan is perfect as long as we trust Him.  I love you and always will.  You belong to God first.  He loved you first and now I am dedicating you back to Him.

Love,
Daddy


My Sweet Abby Joy,

From the moment I found out we were going to have you, I  knew you were a miracle.  Little did I know!  I am so thankful to have you and love watching God's plan for you unfold right in front of me.  You are a very special girl who isn't about to let statistics get in her way!  My fighter girl isn't about to give up, and neither are we.

In the beginning, we were so scared we were going to lose you.  One time, I was sitting with you in the NICU, staring into your big dark eyes.  I remember praying over and over again, "Please just let us have her. We'll take her any way.  Just let us have her."  You gave me such a fierce, determined look, as if to tell me that you weren't going anywhere!  If I'd only known then how God was going to bless me with such a spunky little girl.

The day you came home was such a proud day for us. We couldn't wait to be a complete family again!  Since January 18th, you have grown so big and are working so hard.  I am so proud of how much you've learned!  Even though you don't like some of your exercises, they are really helping you to grow strong.

You have touched so many lives already with your story, Abby.  You are teaching others--including me--about what it means to trust in God and you can't even talk yet!  I can't wait to see what else God has in store for you.  I am privileged to call myself your momma.  I love you AND your sassiness!

Love,
Momma

Comments

Melanie said…
So sweet! I know this is such a special day for you family! I cannot wait to see what God will do through Abby!
Debbie said…
To Matt and Julie, Congratulations on so many levels but especially for today's dedication of Abby to our Lord. Each of you continue to be an inspiration to many of us. And I want you to know how very proud I was to be in attendance for such a "joy"ous occasion.

To Caleb, Congratulations for being a great big brother and standing up in Church so well-behaved as well as proud and happy to be with mommy and daddy as you showed off your little sister.

To Abby, Although it has been clear sweet little girl that our Lord has had you in his loving care and arms for the past 6+ months, today was very special watching your official dedication in Church. Continue to beat the odds and bring "joy" to all.
Beautiful words Julie and Matt :)

Popular posts from this blog

Cerebrocostomandibular Syndrome

If you happen to pick up the latest Reader's Digest, there is an article in there about Piper Breinholt , a four year old with CCMS.  If you've been around here a while, you'll remember wayyyyyy back when we first received Abby's diagnosis that I was able to speak to Piper's mom, Reagan.  The article is more about their story and not as much about the ins and outs of CCMS, but I think it's probably enough to get some people googling it and I'm hoping a few will end up here. Every once in a while, I give a blog post the title of Cerebrocostomandibular Syndrome so that it would show up in Google.  My ever-present hope is that people will stumble across my blog and 1) be encouraged by the hope we have in Christ, 2) feel a connection with someone in a similar situation as them, or 3) get excited over the miracles that have been performed in Abby's life!!  (a combination of all 3 is great too!)  :)   Notice that it's not to get famous and it never wi

The Potty Man

Caleb LOVES to go potty! I have never heard a potty training story like this one....Caleb tells us when he needs to go, we take his diaper off, and he goes! Now, is it perfect? No, not at all! We aren't trying to potty train at at all, but we figure every time he goes is one less diaper we have to change! The only time we consistantly put him on the potty is when we give him a bath (he always pees in the tub, so we know he needs to go!) He almost always goes on the potty now instead of the tub though. When he's not "really" going potty, he's pretending to go potty! He's such a funny kid!

Lego Party: Favors

I'm a little slow in posting the Lego Party pictures, but I think I have a few excuses I could use.  At any rate, I wanted to share what I did for the party!  It will take a few posts, so stay with me.  I'll start with how I did the favors. These are the goody bags I made.  I just bought solid colored gift bags and matched scrapbook paper to each bag.  Then I punched circles and attached them with the 3D foam tape so that the circles were raised. I used the keychain (explained below) as a name tag on the outside. These are Duplo blocks.  I put a round magnet on the back and...voila!  A magnet!  (note:  hot glue doesn't work so well...I ended up reglueing them with my apoxy because the magnets fell off.) I made crayons using Lego man crayons.  Yes, I know this guy has lost half of his leg.  The others were already packaged and I didn't want to open one up just to get a picture.  I used a Lego mold  to make the crayons.  Caleb put small pieces of crayon in each m