...isn't it just like God to give you a day filled with encouragement and good news after having a rotten day?
Yesterday was pretty rough. We'll just leave it at that, because that's not what this post is about. This is about today being a pretty fabulous day.
* Abby was awake for most of my visit and interacted with me quite a bit. While her test results aren't back yet, she's feeling much better and they don't think that she has the virus they tested. (Yes, we're still on contact precautions--but I'm determined to go in with street clothes on Christmas!!)
* Caleb was well-behaved and really enjoyed his medical play time with Megan. She gave him an entire bag full of medical supplies to keep!
* Old friends of ours from high school, Keba and Aaron, came to visit us today while they're here from Seattle. It was great catching up with them!
* I was able to find a baby doll for Caleb and gave her a trach and g-tube just as he requested.
* Thanks to the wonderful Baltimore Police, we ended the night with a bag full of all kinds of toys.
* I met a wonderful, encouraging man named Pete who turned his own sorrow into a beautiful way to give to others. His mom was killed during a robbery and he organizes the police toy drive every year in her honor.
* There are some wonderful families here at RMH right now that I have really enjoyed getting to know. Being the second most veteran family here at this point, we've seen a lot of families come and go. The group that is here right now is pretty great!
I am incredibly touched by the police donations we had tonight. It deserves a post all of its own, but I'm too sleepy to write it tonight. Be on the look out for it though, because it's a good one! ;)