Saturday, December 25, 2010

A Christmas Tree Beneath an Overpass

Today, on our way to visit Abby, Matt spotted a tiny little Christmas tree set up beneath an overpass.  Obviously, a homeless person had tried to make the best out of a bad situation.

It got me thinking about how much we have.  Yes, our circumstances are less than perfect, but we have a wonderful place to stay, we have received some fabulous presents, and we were all able to be together today.  That homeless person had nothing to protect him but a bridge, probably didn't get any presents this year, and may not have been with any other family members at all.

I woke up this morning feeling slightly sorry for myself, but was set straight when I saw that tree.  We have way too many blessings to be pitiful.

I hope that you were able to enjoy Jesus' birth today with your family as well!

No comments: