* Drive to, from, and all over Baltimore by myself...or in the dark...or during rush hour!
* Change a trach.
* Be on a first name basis with many insurance representatives.
* Allow complete strangers into my home to care for my daughter--even when I'm not home or when I'm sleeping.
* Be flown in a helicopter on a stretcher. (I prefer a sightseeing tour)
* Navigate city streets on foot by myself.
* Need a place like RMH to stay.
* Be stuck with 100+ needles, two of which were in my stomach...and they were really big.
* J-Walk on a regular basis. (You must understand. I'm a rules girl and rules girls don't do that. It's illegal, which makes it against the rules.)
* Ride in a cab alone.
* Be able to give people directions to places in Baltimore.
* Search in vain for a specialist that doesn't exist for a disease that nobody knows about.
* Be separated from my family for the better part of three months.
* Receive gifts, cards, and emails from complete strangers who just wanted us to know they're praying for us.
Yep, I'm doing lots of things I never thought I'd do these days.