Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Happy and Sad

I know that happy and sad are waaaaaay overused.  After all, I teach 5th grade!  Those are like their two favorite words.  However, I am having very mixed emotions right now and I really am feeling both happy and sad.

I'm happy that I was able to get a part-time position that will both allow me to be home with Caleb and Abby some and keep my insurance.

I'm sad that I had to say goodbye to a wonderful staff today.  My school is special.  Seriously special.

I'm happy that I will get to make my own schedule and that I will have the flexibility to take Abby to her many appointments.

I'm sad that I will not be working directly with kids very often.  I'm definitely miss that.

I'm happy that I don't have to do lesson plans when I have to be out.

I'm sad that I won't be teaching 5th grade with some wonderful ladies next year.  I really loved 5th grade and all its craziness!

I'm happy that I'll get to be Mom some of the time and go to special school functions with Caleb that I missed out on this year.

I'm sad that I won't be at his school when he goes to Kindergarten.

I'm happy that I'll be able to volunteer in his Kindergarten class!! (in 2 years)

I'm sad that I won't have the community and sense of belonging that being at a school brings. 

I'm happy to have a bit of the stress relieved from going full time.

I'm sad that I won't be just 1.7  miles away from my school anymore.

I'm happy to work with my friend Beckie again.  I've missed her and think she's a great teacher!

Turmoil!  I'm in turmoil!  I know I'll get better, and I'm hoping to meet with my supervisor sometime soon in order to really understand my job description....but right now, it's all very bittersweet. 

I have many "Lessons From LEO" that I'll be taking with me.  I'll miss ya'll!

No comments: