Sorry I have been MIA a bit this week, but it has been for a lot of very good reasons! Matt is home this week, so we try to spend as much family time together as possible during his "home weeks." They are hard to come by in the summer. (In addition to the trips, there are an additional 2 weeks during the summer when he is technically home, but gone all day and night. He sleeps at our house, but nobody sees him!)
This week, we:
1. Celebrated Matt's birthday a little early with a dinner at Outback, but it was sadly disappointing when the power went out shortly after we placed our order. Turns out, Verizon cut a line while working on theirs and it would be hours before the power came back on. The only person who ate dinner that night was Abby! Of course, it was nearing 8:00 by then (lots of waiting as they tried to process our drink check), and we had a disappointed boy on your hands...so what did we do? Have ice cream for dinner at Baskin Robbins! :)
2. Went to Matt's brother and sister-in-law's house for dinner. His sister and brother-in-law were also in town on their way back from PA, so Matt's parents came up for a quick trip so that all of the family could be together at once. Believe it or not, this is the first time this has ever happened. We've tried a few other times, but someone has gotten sick every time and it has fallen through. My sister-in-law also had a photographer friend from her church come and take pictures of the kids and families. 7 kids, 6 of whom are 5 and under...chaos!!!
3. Had swim lessons. Caleb took private swim lessons for the last two weeks, and it was wonderful!! On the first day, he clung to his instructor and refused to let go. On the last day, he swam across the pool by himself, jumped off the diving board, and swam to the side! It is amazing to see how much he has learned.
4. Had a pool party for Matt's birthday. A wonderful family in our church with 3 boys that are/were in the youth group invited us over for a pool party. There were a bunch of teens there, and everybody had a great time! It was a little too wild for Abby to get in the pool, but we entertained her with some other toys and iPhones!
5. Went to the farmer's market. We went to our weekly farmer's market on the boardwalk on Friday, which we haven't been able to go to since the beginning of the summer. I think this is only our third time, and it opened in May! We saw lots of friends there, as usual, including some that we haven't seen in a while. Caleb met his "Ice Cream Challenge" for swimming (jumping off the diving board and swimming to the step without help), so he enjoyed a cone of "play dough." It sounded gross to me, but he loved it!
6. Attended a birthday pool party. Saturday was a pool party for one of Caleb's best buddies, and we all had a great time! The kids were fairly calm in the water, so Abby was even able to get in for a while! They also have a humongous playroom, so all of the kids had a great time.
So now ya see why I haven't been blogging! Family first! :)