Friday, August 27, 2010

Are you STILL pregnant?

Being very pregnant while teaching is...interesting.  Something about my bulging middle seems to give students the right to say whatever they want.  In this first week of school, here are a few of my favorite comments so far:

Boy on the playground:  Are you STILL pregnant?
Me:  (looking down) What do you think?
Boy:  Well, I thought you might just be fat.

The ever inquisitive honors student:  "Do you pee your pants every time you sneeze?"

Pretty much my entire class:  "There she goes again to the bathroom!"

Just think:  I have 2 1/2 more months of comments to blog about!!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Haha! My students were scandalized when they learned I was pregnant. A few of them knew Pete was deployed and (I guess) couldn't do math that well. They said, "Mrs. SWINSON!!! You husband is away! Shame on you!!"

Oh, 9th graders. They love drama.