I saw this on another blog and thought it might be kind of fun. I'm going to try to focus on things you might not already know about me...unless you are part of my family!
1. I love pulpy orange juice. My husband does not, so I rarely get it. But when I do, it is pure deliciousness!
2. I decided back in high school that if I had a little girl, her name would be Abigail.
3. My name was going to be Ginny, but the girl down the street was born first and her parents named her Jenny.
4. I have been a vegetarian for 19 years. When I was 12, I read some research on animal testing that my sister was doing for a college paper, decided I wasn't going to eat meat, and have never looked back.
5. My favorite chores are cleaning bathrooms and folding laundry. My least favorite chore is vacuuming.
6. I resisted wearing capris for a very long time when they first became popular. I have no idea why.
7. I absolutely hate wearing tennis shoes with shorts (or capris). I just cannot do it.
8. I have a slight obsession with symmetry. My family may say I'm a bit OCD.
9. As an example of #8, I compulsively separate any colored candies (M&Ms, Skittles, etc.) and only eat even numbers of the same color at one time. Ie: 2 reds, 4 blues, etc. I am well aware that I just made all of you raise your eyebrows and whisper, weirdo.
10. My middle name, Beth, is after Beth in The Little Women. That's where my sister, Amy, got her name too.
11. The very first musical I performed in was "Charlotte's Web" in 3rd grade. I was Wilbur.
12. During that musical, I sang a song, "I Can Talk." My mom stood in the back of the auditorium with a huge sparkle and shine sign to remind me to smile and use personality. I can still picture her waving it with big smiles. She'll never live it down.
13. My sister had little tiny presents in her doll house. I unwrapped them all in a moment of weakness because I wanted to see what the presents were. (I was sadly disappointed to find that they were just little blocks of wood.)
14. I have never broken or sprained a bone.
15. My favorite musical is Rent, and I'm not afraid to say it...although I'm sure I'll get a few gasps over a pastor's wife loving a musical like that! There is so much more to that show than what is on the surface. Jonathan Larson was a musical genius who died way too early.
16. My guilty TV pleasure is "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo." It is so redneck that it's hysterical. My sister is appalled at my choice of television.
17. In 9th grade, I wrote and published several poems about greyhound dog racing. I have a bazillion copies of Greyhound Tales to prove it!
18. As part of an Outward Bound program I was required to go on as a Resident Assistant in college, I lived for 8 days on a 30 feet-long sailboat with 14 other people. Our arms were the motor when the wind was gone, and we slept on the oars at night. 8 days of no showers, no deodorant, a bucket for a toilet, washing our bowls out in Bay water...they called it "building character." While I am pretty proud of myself for getting through it, I am quite happy to never do it again.
19. I was Punky Brewster for Halloween 3 years in a row. She was my favorite TV character.
20. I have 4 of the original American Girls: Kirsten, Samantha, Molly, and Felicity. As soon as Abby is old enough to take care of them, I'm going to give them to her.