Things are looking up, and looking down.
* Abby ate a lot more yesterday.
* We had great therapists for all 3 meals, so she is beginning to talk more. They are also finding out which iPad apps she really loves, and one of them is an app that repeats what you say in funny voices. It's motivating her to eat and talk!
* Last night at RMH we all really enjoyed playing with the staff from Under Armour. One of the women played in the dollhouse with Abby and she just ate up the attention! Caleb did too, because one of the guys played computer games with him. :)
* All 3 of us slept all night, which hadn't happened yet.
* Because she is eating a lot more, she threw up a ton last night. Her little, tiny stomach just can't handle more than 6 oz at a time. I'm hoping that this will be enough for them to finally schedule the Upper GI I've been requesting and get her on some medicine. I really do think it will help.
* The playroom staff (where she stays between meals) has refused to take her potty during the day. They said that they have 11 kids and don't have time for that. I have asked that they just take her whenever they are taking another little girl. That hasn't happened. They don't even keep her in the Pull-Ups I bring for her--just diapers. I've now asked if I can come get her every hour and a half to take her potty myself, but they said no. Now, apparently they want to "talk" to me about the purpose of this program. I am so angry. She has to be potty trained in order to go to preschool in September, and they won't even take her to the potty. The poor kid is going to be so confused when all day they are telling her to go in her diaper and I'm actively putting her on the potty all evening. Not a happy momma...
More positives than negatives, and I'd much rather be dealing with this than a life-threatening airway issue. If fighting over potty training is the worst I have to deal with, I guess I will take it.