Skip to main content

A New Member of the Family?

We miss Becky.  It's been two years since she died, and I still miss her terribly.  I miss the way she used to nudge her head into my hands to be petted, or the way she rolled on her back with her paws in the air to get attention.  I miss how she used to take all of the covers when she slept on our bed.  I miss how she'd lie underneath Caleb's crib, guarding him.  I miss her hysterical potty dance, or the way that she "talked back" to us when we told her no.

I miss having a dog.

A few weeks ago, we began the application process for Adopt a Boxer Rescue.  It's a wonderful organization that my family has used multiple times, and my parents and sister both volunteer for them.  We have completed the paperwork and they have done the vet and character references.  A volunteer came on Monday to do a home visit and make sure that our house is safe for a dog.  Everything seemed to go well!  We're waiting on the official approval, but hope to hear soon. Then, they will begin searching for the perfect dog for us!  It takes a little longer when you have young kids because they often don't know if the dogs are good with young ones and won't place them in that type of home unless they are sure. 

I'm getting just a tad bit excited... :)  Actually, we all are!!!

So, in preparation for the newest member of our family, here is a list of rules...


This made me smile when I saw it.  There were more than a few times when I wished I had something like this posted in my house when we had Becky and non-dog-lovers came to visit!  :)



Comments

Mary Lou said…
Julie....
Congrats!! This is such exciting news!! I love canines.... And could never live without one!! Our "Mystery Dog Mutt", Rose is my little girl!! I would never let anybody tell me otherwise!! ;-D
--Raelyn
Unknown said…
Yay! I've been waiting for more details and I'm very excited for you all! & I want pictures of Caleb's face when it arrives! He's gonna be so excited!
Dana said…
So exciting!!! We've always had multiple dogs. 4 at one count. Now we are down to one old, sickly dog. Can't wait to see pics!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Cerebrocostomandibular Syndrome

If you happen to pick up the latest Reader's Digest, there is an article in there about Piper Breinholt , a four year old with CCMS.  If you've been around here a while, you'll remember wayyyyyy back when we first received Abby's diagnosis that I was able to speak to Piper's mom, Reagan.  The article is more about their story and not as much about the ins and outs of CCMS, but I think it's probably enough to get some people googling it and I'm hoping a few will end up here. Every once in a while, I give a blog post the title of Cerebrocostomandibular Syndrome so that it would show up in Google.  My ever-present hope is that people will stumble across my blog and 1) be encouraged by the hope we have in Christ, 2) feel a connection with someone in a similar situation as them, or 3) get excited over the miracles that have been performed in Abby's life!!  (a combination of all 3 is great too!)  :)   Notice that it's not to get famous and it never wi

The Potty Man

Caleb LOVES to go potty! I have never heard a potty training story like this one....Caleb tells us when he needs to go, we take his diaper off, and he goes! Now, is it perfect? No, not at all! We aren't trying to potty train at at all, but we figure every time he goes is one less diaper we have to change! The only time we consistantly put him on the potty is when we give him a bath (he always pees in the tub, so we know he needs to go!) He almost always goes on the potty now instead of the tub though. When he's not "really" going potty, he's pretending to go potty! He's such a funny kid!

Lego Party: Favors

I'm a little slow in posting the Lego Party pictures, but I think I have a few excuses I could use.  At any rate, I wanted to share what I did for the party!  It will take a few posts, so stay with me.  I'll start with how I did the favors. These are the goody bags I made.  I just bought solid colored gift bags and matched scrapbook paper to each bag.  Then I punched circles and attached them with the 3D foam tape so that the circles were raised. I used the keychain (explained below) as a name tag on the outside. These are Duplo blocks.  I put a round magnet on the back and...voila!  A magnet!  (note:  hot glue doesn't work so well...I ended up reglueing them with my apoxy because the magnets fell off.) I made crayons using Lego man crayons.  Yes, I know this guy has lost half of his leg.  The others were already packaged and I didn't want to open one up just to get a picture.  I used a Lego mold  to make the crayons.  Caleb put small pieces of crayon in each m