Yep, it's true. I'm heading on up to 5th grade next year as a result of a miriad of changes at good ole SLES. However, I'm actually really looking forward to it. Here's why!
* It took me 3 years to graduate 3rd grade and 4 years to graduate 4th. I've finally passed onto 5th! :)
* I student taught in 5th grade and really loved the age. I'm excited to bring back some of the things I have had stashed away for the last 7 years.
* I get to teach honors reading again!
* If ever I had to loop with a group, THIS would be it! I absolutely love this class! They are incredible!
* The prospect of departmentalizing is very appealing to me. Not having to teach all of the subjects is always a plus.
* My friend from 3rd grade is moving up with me and I am stoked to have the opportunity to work with her again. She is a very positive, upbeat, fun teacher and I learned a lot from her when I first started out.
* I think this will be a fun new challenge for me with a strong 5th grade team! We shall see.
The only downside I see: the possibility of having to teach FAMILY LIFE! Hormonal 11 year olds are bad enough, but knowledgeable hormonal 11 year olds are the worst!! UGH...