Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Reasons I am Excited to go to 5th Grade

Yep, it's true.  I'm heading on up to 5th grade next year as a result of a miriad of changes at good ole SLES.  However, I'm actually really looking forward to it.  Here's why!

*  It took me 3 years to graduate 3rd grade and 4 years to graduate 4th.  I've finally passed onto 5th!  :)

*  I student taught in 5th grade and really loved the age.  I'm excited to bring back some of the things I have had stashed away for the last 7 years.

*  I get to teach honors reading again!

*  If ever I had to loop with a group, THIS would be it!  I absolutely love this class!  They are incredible!

*  The prospect of departmentalizing is very appealing to me.  Not having to teach all of the subjects is always a plus.

*  My friend from 3rd grade is moving up with me and I am stoked to have the opportunity to work with her again.  She is a very positive, upbeat, fun teacher and I learned a lot from her when I first started out.

*  I think this will be a fun new challenge for me with a strong 5th grade team!  We shall see.

The only downside I see:  the possibility of having to teach FAMILY LIFE!  Hormonal 11 year olds are bad enough, but knowledgeable hormonal 11 year olds are the worst!!  UGH...

No comments: