Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Chocolate Fisherman

I have my most delightful conversations with Caleb in the car.  He's as undistracted as a two-year-old can be, and I don't really have anything else to do....except drive!  Check out this conversation we had last week on the way to church:

Caleb:  Look at that boat!

Me:  I see it!  Cool, huh?

Caleb:  I'm going to drive that boat when I get little.  I'm going to delivery chocolate.  I'm not going to eat any though!

Me:  Oh really?  Do they normally deliver chocolate by boat?

Caleb:   Yep.  And you, and Daddy, and Becky can ride it.  But you can only eat one piece of chocoate, Momma!

Me:  Okay, that sounds good. Who is going to buy you the boat?

Caleb:  Mommom.  She's gonna get it from the boat shop.

Me:  Hmmm.  I see.  Mommom's going to buy you lots of things, it seems.

Caleb:  Yep.  A boat, a bus, a car, another bus, a train...and I'm going to go fishing for chocolate and catch a lot of chocolate!

Me: (laughing) That's great, Caleb.  I can't wait for that!


Do you see why I just think he's the cutest boy in the world?!?

No comments: