Monday, October 6, 2014

Rock the Patch...and the Vote!!

So Abs found out from the ophthalmologist today that she needs to start patching her eye for two hours a day every day.  Her left eye that turns in is getting worse, and she is basically unable to see much of anything out of that eye.  Her vision measured 20/100 in the left eye WITH her glasses on.

No big deal.  We've dealt with many worse things!

But it is definitely going to take a bit of convincing to get Abby to buy into the whole thing. The alternative is putting drops in her eye that make her vision blurry for the entire day, which I think sounds a lot worse.  I thought I'd be able to find cute patches that would entice her, but the girly disposable patches online aren't all

I ended up buying a few different brands of tan patches at the drug store to test them out.  I have a feeling that the adhesive will do a number on her skin like it usually does, so I started looking for some alternatives.  I found some cute ones that cover up the entire lens and the side.  I think that she will be much more willing to keep it on if it doesn't pull out her eyebrows!

This is where you come in!  Take a look at these and vote for your favorite!  (Keep Abby's personality and preferences in mind!)  :)

Choice #1:

Choice #2:

Choice 3:

Choice 4:

Choice 5:

Choice 6:

To vote, leave a comment on the blog or on Facebook!

Time to make lemonade with the lemons we got today!  She's going to look adorable with her eye patch!








2 comments:

roxs81 said...

My niece also base to patch but doesn't like to' so they put on her glasses lens blurry tape, also they have patch princess chart when your done patching you put in on the chart to make princess dress.

Raelyn said...

Julie....
Oh, I like them all!! Especially the Ariel eye patch, as I love, love, love that Disney film!! However. If we are going to keep Abby--not me!!--in mind? I definitely vote for the Olaf eye patch!! ;op
Love you later, Raelyn