I absolutely LOVE Freecycle. It has saved us sooooo much money, and some of Caleb's favorite toys have cost us nothing more than the gas it took to pick them up!
Some of my most recent finds:
* A trash bag full of trendy clothes in EXCELLENT condition. I got a ton of name brands like Hollister, Abercrombie, Old Navy, etc. Some of the clothes weren't quite my style (a little too young/tight for my taste), but I got quite a few "new" pieces of clothing out of it and freecycled the rest! Two loads of laundry later, I am enjoying the new additions to my wardrobe.
* Bag of greeting cards. I sometimes reuse parts of greeting cards when I make my own cards. I especially like tearing around pictures and sayings to make them look "Shabby Chic." I picked up a huge bag of unused cards with the envelopes. The envelopes alone were worth it, since the variety of shapes and sizes are always useful when you make your own cards. I got some great cards that I will easily be able to cut apart and use for some new creations!
* 30+ VHS Disney movies. I'm not sure why people are so against VHS, but I'm not complaining in this case! We have a duel player, so we are perfectly happy with VHS movies--especially when it comes to Disney movies that we know Caleb will want to watch a lot. Matt picked them up today and I'm sure Caleb will be thrilled with all of his new movies.
Some Freecycle Favorites:
* Little People Ride-On School Bus. I picked this up for Caleb in the middle of nowhere St. Mary's county when he was only 5 months old. I can honestly say that he has played with this wonderful toy more than any other toy he's ever had. He started out doing normal riding....now he's into racing across the kitchen in it! His latest thing is hiding as many little toys as possible in the compartment underneath the seat. It was the best NO MONEY I've ever spent!
* Fisher Price Rock Quarry. This little diddy actually became a Christmas present for Caleb! It came complete with rocks that you could "blow up," trucks to drive around the quarry, and cranes to lift up the rocks. He hasn't played with it as much as I'd hoped he would have, but he still thinks it is pretty cool.
* Hot Wheels Trick Tracks. I got these from the same people who gave me the rock quarry. Caleb loves these tracks almost as much as Matt does! They love figuring out which cars will launch the farthest. This one is definitely one to keep around!