Skip to main content

A Cure for Winter Hands

2/8/13 Update:  Try this link to see Staci's lotion bar products!  She has some super cute little dinosaurs now!

Update:  I have heard from a few people that the link isn't working.  I don't know why--I can see it fine, but my mom can't. We're both Staci's Facebook friends, so I don't think it is a permissions thing.  I did include the picture of a variety of her lotion bars in the original post, and you can contact Staci if you have a special order.  The cost for the bars is as follows:  2.5 oz. - $6.00 1.5 oz. - $4.00 .4 -.5 oz. - $2.00  I'm sorry for the dead link!

Every year, I get what I call "Winter Hands."  They're really dry, rough, cracked, and even sometimes bleeding.  It's from the dry, cold air and compounded by the frequent hand washing and hand sanitizer.

Until now, I've always been an Aquaphor girl.  It has been the only thing that has worked to keep my Winter Hands under control.  But, if you've ever used Aquaphor, you know how nasty and greasy your hands feel for an hour or more after you use it.  I could only use it before bed to avoid the greasiness.  Not to mention that Aquaphor has a ton of seemingly useless ingredients.  If there's only one active ingredient, why do products require so many inactive ingredients?!

I'd been seeing lotion bars on Pinterest for a while now and have heard that they are very good for eczema.  Then, my mom gave me one that one of our teacher friends, Staci, had made.  I figured it was worth a shot.

I'm. In. Love.

The lotion bars are made with all natural and organic ingredients, so you know exactly what's in them.  In fact, the only ingredients are beeswax, coconut oil, and almond oil!  In a world where I can usually only pronounce four of the 568 ingredients in any given product, this is pretty cool.

After using the lotion bar for a week, I no longer had Winter Hands.  I had smooth, soft, soak-your-hands-an-hour-a-day hands!

My anti-lotion husband was so impressed with how my hands looked that he has been using it too!  Coming from a man who would rather let his hands bleed than use lotion, that's pretty good!  Several of my sister's kids have eczema.  She began using lotion bars with them and they are working really well!

With Valentine's Day being right around the corner, I thought that some of you might be interested in lotion bars.  These would make great gifts for teachers, or babysitters...or therapists and nurses for my special needs mommas!

Check out some of the cute lotion shapes Staci can make!  She is also willing to work with you on special orders if you have a specific theme in mind.


She even has a special Valentine's Day package for $4!


You can visit here for more information about Staci's lotion bars.  If you are interested in ordering some, please email her at lettosd2@juniata.edu.  Tell her that Julie sent you!  :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.621765211130.2061110.75900871&type=1&l=2bc5629bcd
Anonymous said…
The link might work for people who are already on Facebook but not for those who don't have an account, FYI. Amy

Popular posts from this blog

Cerebrocostomandibular Syndrome

If you happen to pick up the latest Reader's Digest, there is an article in there about Piper Breinholt , a four year old with CCMS.  If you've been around here a while, you'll remember wayyyyyy back when we first received Abby's diagnosis that I was able to speak to Piper's mom, Reagan.  The article is more about their story and not as much about the ins and outs of CCMS, but I think it's probably enough to get some people googling it and I'm hoping a few will end up here. Every once in a while, I give a blog post the title of Cerebrocostomandibular Syndrome so that it would show up in Google.  My ever-present hope is that people will stumble across my blog and 1) be encouraged by the hope we have in Christ, 2) feel a connection with someone in a similar situation as them, or 3) get excited over the miracles that have been performed in Abby's life!!  (a combination of all 3 is great too!)  :)   Notice that it's not to get famous and it never wi

The Potty Man

Caleb LOVES to go potty! I have never heard a potty training story like this one....Caleb tells us when he needs to go, we take his diaper off, and he goes! Now, is it perfect? No, not at all! We aren't trying to potty train at at all, but we figure every time he goes is one less diaper we have to change! The only time we consistantly put him on the potty is when we give him a bath (he always pees in the tub, so we know he needs to go!) He almost always goes on the potty now instead of the tub though. When he's not "really" going potty, he's pretending to go potty! He's such a funny kid!

Lego Party: Favors

I'm a little slow in posting the Lego Party pictures, but I think I have a few excuses I could use.  At any rate, I wanted to share what I did for the party!  It will take a few posts, so stay with me.  I'll start with how I did the favors. These are the goody bags I made.  I just bought solid colored gift bags and matched scrapbook paper to each bag.  Then I punched circles and attached them with the 3D foam tape so that the circles were raised. I used the keychain (explained below) as a name tag on the outside. These are Duplo blocks.  I put a round magnet on the back and...voila!  A magnet!  (note:  hot glue doesn't work so well...I ended up reglueing them with my apoxy because the magnets fell off.) I made crayons using Lego man crayons.  Yes, I know this guy has lost half of his leg.  The others were already packaged and I didn't want to open one up just to get a picture.  I used a Lego mold  to make the crayons.  Caleb put small pieces of crayon in each m