As is the Leach family tradition, we decorated our house for Christmas this weekend. The day after Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite day of the year because I finally get to pull out all of our decorations, unwrap each piece, decide which current decorations will be put away for the season...it just makes me happy! My favorite part of my favorite day is decorating the tree. This year was especially fun because Caleb was old enough to help hang ornaments and he loved hearing stories of their history. He has already asked me several different times to show him the ones he made.
We finished up today with Matt hanging the Christmas lights and Caleb and I putting the personalized window clings on (which thrilled him!!)
Highlights from our adventures:
* Finally figuring out how to hang the advent tree Barbara made for us last year after many failed attempts.
* Caleb playing with the nutcracker ornaments and calling them buttcrackers.
* Hanging the window clings with Caleb picking out a snowman to represent Becky and his baby sister (who doesn't exist!)
* pulling out the Little People nativity set and Caleb's "ooooooh" at the sight of it.
* the cheers of encouragement for Matt as he struggled to hang the lights