Thursday, September 11, 2014

Plan H...or something like that!

I got a call this morning from the nurse practitioner who works with Dr. C at CHOP.  After I called them last week to let them know about the upcoming jaw surgery, Dr. C spoke with the anesthesia team to discuss whether Abby's December 30th VEPTR date would still be okay.  Everyone felt like Abby needed to have everything related to the jaw completed before the VEPTR to keep her as safe as possible during anesthesia.  Since the metal bars will stay in until early March, the VEPTR will need to be postponed until early April.  We also tentatively scheduled the left side of the VEPTR for early August...but we know all too well how that can all change!

I should be used to this by now...

But, I am actually super glad that we have a little break after the jaw surgery instead of jumping right into the VEPTR.  I just don't want to bump these anymore after this.  The VEPTR needs to be done.  And, we have a little girl with big plans to be Elsa in Disney World come next surgery is going to keep her from doing that!!

No comments: