I have one tough little girl! She deals with so many doctors' appointments and medical procedures. Through it all, she has a smile on her face and a hop in her step! I'm amazed that a child with so many obstacles in her life is still so happy!
We've recently started talking openly about Abby's ribs with her and how Dr. C is going to fix her ribs. We're obviously not going into detail about the surgery, but we wanted to start an open discussion so that she would get more used to the idea if and when we actually move forward with surgery. It seems to be helping, because she's been telling everyone that Dr. C is going to fix her ribs! (Say it in a sassy voice with your hands on your hips to get the full effect!)
Today's adventure was ophthalmology, where we discovered that Abby's eyes are still crossing quite a bit. After discussing giving her bifocals (for a three year old!!!) he finally decided that it would be too hard to explain to her how to use them. He increased her prescription by quite a bit (it went from +4 in both eyes to +6), and the next step will probably be the bifocals--or patching--or both. Surgery was also mentioned, but we're really hoping to avoid that.
Our next adventure starts on Wednesday when we head to CHOP. You've probably heard about "The Beast" that is heading toward the Mid Atlantic Wednesday night and into Thursday. Yeah. We're not friends. We are going to try our absolute hardest to make it to these appointments. They're too hard to schedule to just cancel them!!!
So in addition to praying for Abby's appointments, a joint-decision about the rib surgery from both doctors, and clarity of thought as we ask questions and make a decision about surgery...please pray that we stay safe during this crazy weather!!!